Sunday, September 14, 2014

Don't Put The Cart Before The Horse

This will be a very short post, because I don't have a whole lot to say and this is a very straightforward issue. But I think it is an important reminder, nonetheless.

Don't put the cart before the horse. Don't count your chickens before they've hatched. Don't get too carried away with your hopes and wants. Because, when you do, sometimes you will be disappointed and then the disappointment will be much, much worse.

You see, I was very excited to go on a first date with this guy and I was letting my imagination run away with me. It was running to a galaxy far, far away. And then, as things sometimes do, the date fell through. And then I was very,very very disappointed. Even more so than if I had remained calm and not put my cart miles ahead of my horse. I know its hard not to get carried away, but try to control yourself at least a little bit. I should note that we are trying to reschedule the date, so we'll see what happens.

I'm not saying not to hope. But I would encourage you to place your hopes in God and not worldly things, because God will not disappoint you. He is faithful beyond belief. I know these things and yet I have trouble actually doing them. But we all are just works in progress.


Don't get carried away,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment