Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Feelin' 22 - Age is Really Just a Number

Today is my 22nd birthday! And I'm really, super excited about it!

Which is weird, because I've basically been freaking out about my birthday every year since the year that I turned 18.

And let me just tell you how silly that it is. Every year older is another year we are blessed with on this earth. Age isn't something to fear, it really is something to be celebrated. So please, don't worry about how old you are turning on your birthday.

Age really is just a number.

What really matters is how you feel.

And that's kind of what Taylor Swift's song, 22 is all about!

Look at Betty White. She is 92 years old, but I bet she doesn't feel that old.

And don't feel like you have to complete certain things by a certain age. I've been having a lot of trouble with this lately. I'm at the point in my life where a lot of my friends are getting engaged, planning weddings, and some of them will be getting married soon. And I don't even have a boyfriend. So yeah, I feel some pressure.

But the fact of the matter is that everything happens in it's own time. Just because I'm not dating the guy who I'll end up marrying doesn't mean that I should panic. It doesn't mean that I should put pressure on relationships. It doesn't mean that I should act super excited when a guy FINALLY asks me out. I'm just putting too much pressure on it and trying to rush it too much.

Age is just a number; things will happen when they are supposed to happen.

And yes, I am playing 22 by Taylor Swift on repeat.

xoxo
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment