Friday, August 1, 2014

Hello There!

Hello there! I see you’ve stumbled onto my blog! Please stay awhile and come back often.

First, allow me to introduce myself: my name is Sharon and I am a senior in college (AHHHHHH!!!!). I am studying Wildlife Biology at Texas State University. Don’t ask me what I want to do after I graduate, because I don’t know. I am 21, going on 22 and I know that my life is relatively short compared to many people, but I still think I have ideas/thoughts/etc. worth sharing (I know, I know, who doesn’t?). But please, give me a chance and if, after a few blog posts, what I have to say doesn’t interest you, you may go elsewhere.

Now I thought I’d let you in on my ideas for this blog:
  • ·         Adventures in cooking – I love to cook and, especially, bake so I thought I’d compile a list of things I’d like to learn to make and tackle that overtime and share it here.
  • ·         Adventures in apartment dwelling – Toward the middle/end of this August, I will be moving into my second ever apartment so I plan to share how I decorate it from room to room and out onto the balcony, plus other advice and things you need to know/do when living in an apartment.
  • ·         Adventures in having a roommate – I lived in my first apartment alone (it was great!) but financially and socially (although I am an introvert) it seemed like a good idea to live with a roommate, so I plan to share what my roommate and I have done to prepare for a smooth living environment and how it works out. I am the youngest of four, but young adults living together is different than siblings living with parents. This is my first roommate, although she’s had a few before. This will also affect the prior category.
  • ·         Adventures in college – this will probably mostly be advice based on my experiences and the experiences of those around me. My college experience probably wouldn’t be what others call “exciting.” But I LOOOOOVE talking to people about college, so hopefully that will come through here.
  • ·         And just life in general. Which all of the above is really, but I’m using this as a catchall term for anything I might have forgotten.
  • ·         Finally, I attempt to participate in NaPoWriMo offline every April (I usually get behind toward the middle of the month), and this coming April, I will attempt to participate online! Maybe having to post my poems online will keep me accountable and I’ll actually finish the whole month! Or not, but we’ll give it a go!

Well that’s it for my first blog post. I hope I did alright. Please provide feedback throughout my posts. I hope we’ll get to know each other. And on that note, if there is ever anyone who needs advice, or if there is anything I can do to make my blog more interesting to you, or if you are curious about anything about me, please, comment (now or in the future)! It might help me to write a blog post. If you don’t, I’ll try to write anyway, so you might as well help me cater my blog to you. To get the ball rolling, comment with suggestions on what my next blog should be!

Signing off,

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment