Friday, April 27, 2018

NaPoWriMo 2018 - Day 27

Today's prompt threw me for a bit of a loop as I really know nothing about tarot cards. But anyway, I eventually settled on the fool as the description contains the phrase "the spirit in search of experience" which I can quite relate to.


If the fool is the spirit in search of experience
Then I suppose I am the fool
I spent my days in school
I studied hard, I took good notes
But grades on transcripts and diplomas
Don't amount to much
Without that hot commodity
Experience.

Unemployed then underemployed
Yes its been almost a year now
I lack the experience
To do the things I need
To succeed
At least in mine own eyes.

I apply to jobs and on and on
Over and over
It seems like it ought to be my turn

But the world doesn't work that way
It just turns on and on.

So I go on and on
Journeying on
As the spirit in search of experience.

The frustrating thing
The irony
The impossible thing
The paradox that haunts and taunts me:
In order to get the experience I need
I am in need of experience.



Sigh
-Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment