Thursday, April 14, 2016

NaPoWriMo 2016 Day 14

I've been having trouble keeping up with this, but I'm doing my best.

Today's prompt is to write a san san. It's a bit difficult to explain so just take a look here for a decent description. This poem has two main facets: rhyme scheme and repetition. Of course it isn't that simple. So do look at the link above for more information. As soon as I read the prompt, I knew it'd be a challenging one. I've done my best and I'm almost pleased with the result. Almost, but not quite.

Also, it should be read softly. It is a soft-spoken (like me, I hope) love poem. But I think it is a love poem of a different sort.

Please give me feedback; I'd love to hear what you think! One last note: you can disregard the letters, if you haven't realized it, they were simply to remind me of the rhyme scheme.


A  Sitting under the stars one night
B  Leaning against your chest I whispered
C  "What are your intentions with me?"
A "Intentions with you?" You looked at the stars, barely whispered"Well I might
B  Want to marry you." My lips quivered
D  Into a smile against your chest
C  As I whispered "We'd make a nice family"
D We were under the stars when I realized your intentions were best.




(I never know what to say here),
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. I like your san san. It ends on an ambiguous note that lingers in the mind.

    ReplyDelete