Monday, April 11, 2016

Napowrimo 2016 Days 7 - 10

Oh dear, I've fallen quite behind I'm afraid. But don't count me out, I'm still here! Time to catch up . . . Here's a poetry wham bam coming your way!

Day 7: Tritina: 3 three line stanzas with a concluding line. Each line has a concluding word in the following pattern ABC CAB BCA, with the last line having all three words.

A: Several times a day,
B: We take our walk,
C : And afterward from your fur, I must pull stickers

C: You chew at the stickers
A: Multiple times a day
B: After we return from our walk.

B: Along the beach I hope to walk
C: We three (or four) will not find any stickers
A: Oh how I long for the day.

All words: I long for the day when I shall walk with my two great loves and not find any stickers.


Day 8: A poem about flowers

In tropical climes
Flowers abound
In all sorts of forms
They can be found.

They climb on vines
Adorn bushes
Decorate trees
To which flower does my heart pushes?

Is it the ones which grow in lines?
The aster?
The jasmine?
Or is it the double oleander my heart is after?

What flower does my heart seek to find?
Perhaps its the hibiscus?
The rose?
A flower with sap most viscous?

Which flower is sought by this quest of mine?
All of them!
All of them I desire!
I'll pluck an example of each and braid my hair with these gems!


Day 9: A poem that includes a line you're afraid to write . . . oh dear . . .

In November,
I was in a wreck.
My car rolled more than a few times.
I walked away with nary a scratch.
And I can't help but wonder why
My life was spared.
I should be dead, deceased, extinct!
But I'm still here;
Why me?
Is there something more I'm meant for?
If so, why didn't I know it before?
What am I doing?
I'm quite lost, I'm afraid.
And the girl in the mirror
I don't think
Is the one that I should see.
Now which line is the one that scares me? You tell me.

Day 10: Book Spine Poem - I don't have a lot of books here . . .

I've got a small library
It represents my interests many
Perhaps a book will strike your fancy?
There's Loveology for the lovelorn
The title of the book, paired with the description makes me scorn
Loveology is a theology of love, the back claims
Don't you know your latin, I exclaim?
-ology means the study of
So really, Loveology is the study of love.
Maybe that isn't your cup of tea.
You'd prefer something with a recipe
In that case, The Cookie Bible is the book you should see
So many recipes, yet I've only cooked a few.
The last two are textbooks,
But still they might interest you.
I don't have a book on flamingos or fish,
But if you want to learn about the paedomorphic
Then Reptiles and Amphibians of Texas, I'd recommend.
Lastly that brings us to a book, I'm sure will intrigue you
If rodents and lagomorphs
Strike your fancy, Mammalogy is the book I'd reach for.


Well there's something, at least.

Keep on churning out the poetry, friend!
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment