Friday, April 15, 2016

NaPoWriMo2016 Day 15

The prompt at Napowrimo.net was to write a poem that incorporates doubles into the poem in some way, whether in form or context (or both). I try to stick to the prompt, but I'm not sure I will today . . . we shall see. Inspired by the fact that we are half way through napowrimo, I was thinking I'd try to write a poem that is incomplete . . .

I rise in the morning unwillingly,
I dress and take my puppy for a walk trudgingly.

By the time I return
It's time so see what money I can earn.

At work I try to perk up
But energy, I cannot work up.

Time ticks by, on snacks I munch
And soon I leave to get lunch.

Up the stairs I go to my balcony
Look out across the sea

And wonder what else life will bring.


If you're struggling, remember you're half way there!
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. If you have the sea to look out at, you have a wealth of possibilities already :)

    ReplyDelete