Friday, March 6, 2015

Journaling

When I was in high school, I used to journal a lot.

I had this spiral notebook that I always carried with me. It had a purple cover.

I wrote my thoughts and my feelings and things that happened in it.

I rarely let anyone read it.

And if I let you read it, well that meant that you mattered a whole lot to me and I trusted you a whole lot.

It had helped me to process, to cope, to remember.

But at some point, I stopped journaling.

I'm not sure why.

So the other day I bought a little tiny pink-ish leatherbound (I think it is leather) notebook.

I plan to start journaling again, but the weird thing is I don't know where to start.

I guess I'll just carry it around until the mood strikes me or I think something that seems profound or whatever.

Am I the only one who sees a blank page and has mixed feelings?

It's like I want to write, but I'm worried that it won't be inspired enough. Like I'm worried that later I won't think it's good enough. But that isn't the purpose of journaling...

Do you journal? What do you write about? How do you start a new journal?


xoxo,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment