Monday, April 2, 2018

NaPoWriMo 2018 - Day 2

April 2nd

Me:
I pull on my shoes,
I ruffle my dog's fluffy head.
"You wanna go outside, boy?"
He launches off the bed.
I've barely clipped his leash
When he pulls me out the door
His glee seems as though we've never done this before
He smells every flower
He checks each blade of grass
He investigates the dogs
And leaves a mark here or there.
"C'mon, let's go."
I gently tug on the leash.
We return home.
He bounds onto the couch.
I catch a glimpse of him as I head out the door:
Head resting on feet, he looks quite forlorn.

Dog:
She finally wakes up
I watch her change her fur
She doesn't notice as I wag my tail.
But she rubs my head
And I wag my tail some more.
She stands up and walks toward the door,
My ears perk up as I hear that sweetest phrase:
"You wanna go outside, boy?"
I feel as though I've been waiting for days.
I hurry on my way, before she changes her mind.
She takes her time, getting the leash and going outside.
But finally I can meet my stride.
I need to check the trails
Who has already been out and about
I need to make sure everyone knows I'm still around.
I think we are both enjoying our outing when I feel a gentle tug
"C'mon let's go." She says and reluctantly I go.
Once inside, I lay on my couch
And watch as she leaves once again
Just as she does everyday.
I love her anyway.







I don't actually leave my dog everyday, but he always looks so sad when I do.


Happy Writing,
Sharon

4 comments:

  1. I know that sad look well. Nice poem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He always melts my heart when he looks at me like that. Are you posting poems online somewhere for NaPoWriMo? I'd love to check them out!

      Delete
  2. Love the way the offer your dog's-eye view. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I often wonder what he's thinking about so it was fun to actually think what he might be thinking about.

      Delete