Monday, April 2, 2018

NaPoWriMo 2018 is co.... IS HERE!

And I am already behind.

Apparently last year, I only made it to Day 7 (what happened? . . . School, I guess). Well, here goes nothing.


As per usual, I'll be following the prompts from napowrimo.net, Without further ado:

March 31st:

You touch my lips and soon
My head feels like I might swoon.
My head feels floaty - I sigh
And succumb to your sweet lullaby.
In fact my life would not be the same
If I had never learned your name.
My sweet
My antihistamine
Diphenhydramine.

April 1st:

        Cookie Dough

I stroll into the kitchen,
Peer into the fridge
I find the yellow tube
My mouth stretches to a grin
I ruffle through the drawers
Find the scissors and snip the top.
When I stroll past the stove,
I don't even stop.
I take a spoon and sit
In the glow of the tv light.
The oven doesn't beep.
There is no baking sheet in sight
As I indulge in my favorite late night treat.


Happy Poem-ing
Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment