Saturday, April 28, 2018

NaPoWriMo 2018 - Day 28

The prompt on this 28th day of April was to write a postcard poem, which apparently is a prose poem that "captures a moment in time with a strong sense of place," is addressed to someone and is brief (for more types of poem see here).


Dear past/present Sharon,

I know you are longing for the future. I know you are impatiently awaiting that time when you have a house and a husband and a job and maybe a child. I know, at the very least, you really want a job and a small house with a fenced back yard for your dog. I know you can't wait. I know you are rushing, rushing, rushing forward, just like you always have. I thought you'd learned the lesson finally, but you haven't. Enjoy the present. Enjoy the time being. Enjoy where you are. Stop. Take a breath. Look around and enjoy. Stop looking at your situation with anxiety and trepidation. Embrace your situation. Realize that you are not trapped - you are free. This chapter of life has value too - and one day you will (sometimes) long for it. Even in your worst days, there is good in this situation. Relax, breathe in, enjoy.

With love,
Future Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment