Friday, April 10, 2015

NaPoWriMo - Day 10: Abecedarian Poem

Today's prompt is to write a poem with a structure derived from the alphabet...here goes nothing.




Always I am hungry
Bored with the usual meals
Craving something
Different, delicious
Every now and then I find the perfect snack
Feeding my stomach and satisfying my tastebuds
Generally, though my cravings are nearly insatiable. Yes I am
Hungry. Wondering what to eat for lunch. Bread smells delicious.
I am trying to wait til one, to eat with a friend but the task is impossible
Just now my stomach is tying itself in
Knots, threatening to devour itself.
Leave me alone ravenous stomach, I will feed you soon enough!
Mere minutes stand between you and food (well, thirty-two)
No, thoughts of food won't satisfy you, you threaten to announce your starvation, letting
Out an ominous growl...I know I must eat something soon
Please just calm down, I will feed you soon enough! I have gotten myself into
Quite the quandary, by trying to wait to feed you
Really, you just ought to be more patient
Still I wonder if I couldn't have a tiny snack to satiate you
Til my friend is here to eat at one
Unless, I could just eat by myself and not care
Very urgent is my stomach as it turns inwardly
Willing me to go get something to eat; if I were a plant, sugars would course through my
Xylem, and I would never feel hungry nor  would I have a stomach to aggravate me
Yes, the life of a plant sounds nice to me
Zoic, though, I am and so I have a hungry stomach, and food it demands.








I really am quite hungry. And 'zoic' is a word; it means "relating to or having animal life." Even though the prompts are sometimes difficult (like this one), I don't want April to end!




Write, write, write away
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment