Monday, April 27, 2015

NaPoWriMo: Day 23

First of all let me apologize for not posting on time. The school year at my university is winding to a close which means that this time period is especially busy and stressful. Hopefully I will be able to play catch up today and be on top of my poem writing game!

Since I am so many days behind I am just going to post poems one at a time rather than all of them in one post.

Day 23
Prompt: Randomly pick a card from a deck of cards and write about it then turn your prose into poetry. Not exactly what I'm going to do because a) I don't have a deck of cards and b) I don't feel like writing prose and editing it down to poetry at the present moment.

Are we an ace in the hole?
We went bust before
Deal me in again
And we can give this a shot once more
Hit me and we'll see
If we've got the winning combination
Though the bets are weighed against us
Bets don't determine the winner
In Lady Las Vegas
You aren't the dealer
I'm not the house
So it'll take sheer luck
To win this round
Let the chips fall
Where they may
And we can play a different game
If this one doesn't pay.




Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment