Friday, April 17, 2015

NaPoWriMo Day 17

I forgot to write a poem yesterday. Hopefully I will find the time to catch up over the weekend.

Today though I am just so sad, my heart is heavy, and my soul is quiet and mournful. A great tragedy occurred where I went to high school. A student shot himself this morning and this afternoon it was confirmed that he died. He was the son of a police officer. While I probably didn't know him, my heart is broken for him and his family, the other students, faculty, staff, police department, and the community in general.
I haven't looked at the prompt today, but this is the poem I feel like writing.


I don't know who you are
And I don't know why you hurt so much
We are all a little broken
And this life is too much to bear - alone.
Did you feel alone?
Did you have so much hurt inside that
This seemed like the only way out?
My dear, do you know that you are loved?
That we all wanted you here - on this earth?
You were never alone
Never are alone
We love you
We miss you
We wish you were home.

And hopefully, you are at home - in heaven
With the Father who loves you so very much

I wish that I had been there
To hug you
To tell you that I love you very much
That you are worthwhile
Maybe you would've smiled
I would have told you not to be scared
That life is hard sometimes,
Hard often
I would have sat and talked to you for hours

I am sorry that you were in so much pain
I am sorry that this seemed like the only way
And now my tears fall down with the rain

This earth is not the same - without you.

I know that I don't know you,
But I love you.

If it creeps up on you in the dark of night
Steals into your heart and won't let anyone inside
If it whispers in your ear and says you are alone
unworthy
unloved
unwanted.
Know that that voice does not come from above
and everything it tells you is a lie

Maybe it follows you like a shadow
Never leaves you alone
Smothers your hope
Tears you apart inside.
You are not alone
You are very much loved
Please speak up
We want to help you
To hold you
To show you just how much
we truly love you.

My deepest condolences to the family,
Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment