Thursday, April 2, 2015

NaPoWriMo - Day 2

Today the prompt is to write a poem about the night sky. I love the stars! This was largely inspired by my internship at the Davis Mountains this past summer.


There is never such a sight
As a clear and dark, West Texas night.
They say the stars are big and bright
Deep in the heart of Texas
Though I love my state, that simply isn't true,
Only a clear, dark West Texas night will do.
Sit outside, watch the sky, it will astound you.

Out in the Davis Mountains,

I found myself stargazing
I saw the Milky Way - it was amazing
It looked as though milk were spilling
Across the middle of the night sky.
There were more stars than I'd ever seen
It was unbelievable that so many stars had been hiding from me.
Under the light of a super moon, I sat out to see what I could see
Of the Perseid Meteor Shower.
It was unlikely at best,
But I refused to get rest
Without giving the sky another test.
My persistence was rewarded.
Even though the moon was large and bright
But rather than seeing nothing, I saw three;
It was a private gift from the mountains just to me!


Hope you liked it,
Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment