Saturday, April 4, 2015

NaPoWriMo - Day 4 - Loveless poem

Today's prompt is to write a "loveless poem" a love poem without the usual conventions and cliches of love poems and also without the word love....

It's the way your beard tickles my cheek
Your sandpaper hands enveloping mine
The fact that you're two sizes bigger than me
It's the way we sit in silence
How you hold me when I cry
Or when you make lunch for me
Without any reason why
It's the nights spent watching thunderstorms
The way you watch me when I tell stories
When you open the truck door for me
And go with me to the grocery store - so boring
It's the way you say my name
All of these things and more,
The ways I know that you're probably
        not the same.




I think I did okay...What do you think? Yes, no, maybe so?


I hope its beautiful wherever you are,
Sharon

9 comments:

  1. Like this a lot! Congrats on being the featured post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And congrats on being featured at NaPoWriMo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More than okay! Definite thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tender-touching-gorgeous! Congrats on your shout out, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect response to the prompt - tender, intimate, not maudlin ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did quite well. Beautiful piece. #LoveandInk

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is surely..love' all the way'the pure form of humanity

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely poem! I like what you did with the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet! Love the ending. And congrats on getting featured!! :-)

    ReplyDelete