Sunday, April 5, 2015

NaPoWriMo - Day 5 - An Emily Dickinson Exercise

Happy Easter, everyone!

I want to start by saying how excited and full my heart feels at being today's featured blog over at NaPoWriMo.net! Today my blog had the most views it has ever had! Plus I got my first comments ever! Thank you all so much!

Today's prompt is to modify an Emily Dickinson poem that you've never read before. I've chosen "Fame is the one that does not stay."

Fame is the one that does not stay.
It's occupant must die or else ascend incessantly
into the famous sky.
Or they must be down to earth and know
That lightning doesn't strike twice.
Or else the very fame that made them huge
May make them go down in flames.



This poem has been quite transformed from the original, I think, but I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Thanks again and thanks for reading!


Happy Easter!
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment